Request Spamhaus contact

Jeffrey Lyon jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net
Mon Jan 17 23:06:13 UTC 2011

Tom,

They list domains. For one, these listings are recent and I had no
idea they existed until now. One of them was actually received by our
abuse@ (the first one ever!) on the 14th and the complaint was already
sent to the customer for action. Meanwhile back at Camp Spamhaus, they
can't wait three days for us to sort this out despite the sites having
been online for months.

Second, I still have no idea why they're being listed. I don't see any
spam records and I guarantee you that none of the spam came from our
network. Oh wait, that's right, Spamhaus' policy is to punish us and
thousands of customers for hosting people who are somehow projected to
spam at some future point in time based on a top secret formula for
which only the holiest of spam crusaders are allowed to bear witness.
No actual abuse is required, just the projected possibility of abuse.

Highly frustrating is one way of putting it. I prefer the terms
"tortuous" and "libelous to go along side "asinine" and "ridiculous."

I reached out to them about 5 hours ago, still no response but
certainly tens of thousands of mailings rejected. I can only imagine
that this would entail a substantial amount of business our
non-possible-spammers are losing at the moment.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Lyon, Leadership Team
jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net | http://www.blacklotus.net