Request Spamhaus contact

Jeffrey Lyon jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net
Mon Jan 17 16:59:36 CST 2011


Spamhaus,

I just blocked a bunch of customer space without any form of due
process or evidence from you:

208.64.123.176/30
208.64.127.64/27

This should resolve SBL101835, SBL101662, and SBL100691.

Let me know if any of our customers have any outstanding parking
tickets, because I would like to null route them as well.

If at any point you would like to actually explain why we were
compelled to do this please feel free to contact us at any time that
is most convenient to you. Don't worry about our customers, they'll be
OK. They understand that that you need to arbitrarily block their
e-mail for the common good.

Thanks, Jeff


On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 5:12 PM, Jeffrey Lyon
<jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net> wrote:
> Our listing is misleading. They show me specifically what needs to be
> done and why and we will act on it. The problem is that they expect me
> to dig through our customer database and correlate various customers
> to ROKSO listings. I don't have the resources for this. If they show
> me where the problem exists I will fix it but so far they do nothing
> but preemptively block our entire /21 in an attempt to scare us into
> mass removal of customers.
>
> Someone there needs to reply to my questions so I can act on their
> request. Also, they need to get in touch with ME DIRECTLY before they
> ban an entire ISP on multiple occasions. I liken their strategy to
> setting ants on fire and watching them scurry. I've showed a
> willingness to work with them and correct problems but they think
> their only option is to list the entire company each time they need
> something done.
>
> Jeff
>
> On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 4:23 PM, Andrew Kirch <trelane at trelane.net> wrote:
>> I'm not Spamhaus.  I don't necessarily agree with their listing
>> policies, but reading your SBL record,
>> http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/sbl.lasso?query=SBL100691, it appears that
>> someone from your ISP has been in contact with Spamhaus, and were less
>> than thorough in removing the spam gang you guys signed on (PTR
>> records?), or were less than honest about removing them in the first
>> place.  For the rest of my life I will mentally equate "DDoS protection
>> solutions" with "foonet".  It hasn't failed me since 2001, and doesn't
>> seem to fail me today.
>>
>> Andrew
>>
>>
>>
>> On 1/17/2011 3:15 PM, Jeffrey Lyon wrote:
>>> Someone at Spamhaus please contact me concerning your second
>>> consecutive preemptive strike against our IP space.
>>>
>>> Fun Fact: No one at Spamhaus has ever successfully sent us an abuse
>>> complaint. Also, some rocket scientist decided that their
>>> [email protected] box should also filter e-mail so blocked parties can't
>>> even get in touch. As such, it will be necessary to reply to
>>> jeffrey.lyon at gmail.com vs. @blacklotus.net .
>>>
>>> You claim to monitor [email protected] but it seems i've been ignored for
>>> several hours.
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Jeffrey Lyon, Leadership Team
> jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net | http://www.blacklotus.net
> Black Lotus Communications - AS32421
> First and Leading in DDoS Protection Solutions
>



-- 
Jeffrey Lyon, Leadership Team
jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net | http://www.blacklotus.net
Black Lotus Communications - AS32421
First and Leading in DDoS Protection Solutions




More information about the NANOG mailing list