Is NAT can provide some kind of protection?

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Jan 13 06:01:04 UTC 2011

PCI DSS does not require it. It suggests it. It allows you to do other things
which show equivalent security.

Also, the PCI DSS requirements for NAT are not on the web server, they
are on the back-end processing machine which should NOT be the same
machine that is talking to the customers. (I believe that's also part of the
PCI DSS, but, I haven't read it recently).

PCI DSS is in desperate need of revision and does not incorporate
current knowledge.

Owen