<Help with Content Switching Module for 6500>

Michael Ruiz mruiz at lstfinancial.com
Thu Jan 13 03:13:51 UTC 2011

Hello all,

                I am having very unusual problem with the CSM.  This is
what my problems.  I have my active CSM setup for a Fault Tolerance
group with a priority of 100 and an alternate of 30 and set to preempt.
Now for some reason I cannot get the standby configure to get the
configuration from the Active.  I did a debug and it appears the CSM on
the standby is deleting it's configuration and the active fails to sends
its configuration.  So I know the Active is talking across the VLAN I
have created for this purpose.  I can see the information coming up on
my debug from both ends.  Below is my configuration.  Any help on this
is appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

DR01.SNATXDC1#  show module csm 8 ft detail

FT group 2, vlan 45

This box is active

Configuration is out-of-sync

priority 100, heartbeat 1, failover 3, preemption is on

alternate priority 30

total buffer count 6214, illegal state transitions 0

receive buffers not committed 0, send buffers not committed 0

updates:  sent 4, received 0, committed 0

coup msgs:  sent 0, received 0

election msgs:  sent 0, received 2

heartbeat msgs:  sent 1057, received 594

relinquish msgs:  sent 0, received 0

conn replicate msgs: sent 462, received 0

conn refresh msgs: sent 462, received 0

conn reset msgs: sent 61, received 0

conn redundancy errors: msgs lost 0, msgs rejected 0

packets:  total received 0, total dropped 0, duplicates 0

           checksum failed 0, dumped 0, buffer unavailable 0

number of state updates in last 8 transfers:

0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0

 Critical device and interface tracking:

DR01.SNATXDC1#

DR02.SNATXDC1#show module csm 8 ft detail

FT group 2, vlan 45

This box is in standby state

Configuration is out-of-sync

priority 10, heartbeat 1, failover 3, preemption is off

total buffer count 6214, illegal state transitions 10

receive buffers not committed 0, send buffers not committed 0

updates:  sent 4, received 0, committed 0

coup msgs:  sent 0, received 0

election msgs:  sent 2, received 0

heartbeat msgs:  sent 0, received 984

relinquish msgs:  sent 0, received 0

conn replicate msgs: sent 0, received 0

conn refresh msgs: sent 0, received 0

conn reset msgs: sent 0, received 0

conn redundancy errors: msgs lost 0, msgs rejected 0

packets:  total received 5056012, total dropped 0, duplicates 0

           checksum failed 0, dumped 0, buffer unavailable 0

number of state updates in last 8 transfers:

0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0

 Critical device and interface tracking:

DR02.SNATXDC1#

!