Is NAT can provide some kind of protection?

Scott Helms khelms at ispalliance.net
Wed Jan 12 20:54:19 UTC 2011

Miquel,

     Almost no home users have an IPv6 connection currently and the ones
that do are the extreme outliers.  IPv6 gear (depending on the
deployment method) will hopefully handle this well, but no I haven't
seen any that did a default drop all.  In truth most of the CPE I've
seen don't even run v6 well even if their marketing claims otherwise.
However, v6 is an entirely different generation of gear that will
_hopefully_ get things right since they will _hopefully_ avoid NAT.
Having said that so far the smoothest (from an end user perspective) way
of moving forward is often 4 to 6 in the home and I expect that to be
dirt common for very long time in the future.

--
Scott Helms
Vice President of Technology

Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/ZCorum