co-location and access to your server

Jeroen van Aart jeroen at mompl.net
Wed Jan 12 20:24:18 UTC 2011

Cruzio in Santa Cruz recently opened a little co-location facility. That
makes two of such facilities in Santa Cruz (the other being got.net),
which could be a good thing for competition.

Their 1U offer comes with limited access to your server, only from 10AM
to 6 PM. I find that not acceptable. Why wait until 10 AM when a disk
breaks at 8 PM? But maybe I am being too picky.

What is considered normal with regards to access to your co-located
server(s)? Especially when you're just co-locating one or a few servers.

Thanks,
Jeroen

--
http://goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/