Is NAT can provide some kind of protection?

Greg Ihnen os10rules at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 15:36:37 UTC 2011

+1 on Nick's comment. If you're doing 1:1 NAT or port forwarding your server is still public facing.

If your firewall is merely stateful and not deep packet inspecting all it's doing is seeing is that the statefulness of the connection meets it's requirements. You could have that and still have all kinds of naughtiness going on.

Greg