Is Cisco equpiment de facto for you?

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue Jan 11 00:23:41 UTC 2011

This is a two-edged sword.

Cisco tends to do their own thing, then, try to push their way of doing it onto the standards
bodies when the competition starts trying to catch up.

Other vendors tend to bring ideas that will require interoperability to the standards bodies
and work on getting the standard at least partially defined before spending effort on
implementation.

There are advantages and drawbacks to both approaches.

Owen