Is Cisco equpiment de facto for you?

Jeff Kell jeff-kell at utc.edu
Mon Jan 10 22:32:16 UTC 2011

On 1/10/2011 3:20 PM, Greg Whynott wrote:
> HP probably was the most helpful vendor i've dealt with in relation to solving/providing inter vendor interoperability solutions.   they have PDF booklets on many  things we would run into during work.  for example,  setting up STP between Cisco and HP gear,  ( http://cdn.procurve.com/training/Manuals/ProCurve-and-Cisco-STP-Interoperability.pdf ).

Well, technically, the HP reference tells you how to convert your Cisco
default PVST over to MST to match the HP preference.

The handful of HP switches versus the stacks and stacks of production
Cisco requiring conversion to suit them was "intimidating" to say the
least :-)

Foundry/Brocade on the other hand do PVST (so they say, I haven't given
it a thorough lab test).

Jeff