Is Cisco equpiment de facto for you?

Randy Carpenter rcarpen at network1.net
Mon Jan 10 16:21:37 UTC 2011

We have traditionally been a Cisco shop, but we are starting to move toward Juniper for much of our needs, and will be recommending Juniper as an alternative for customers' needs. From a technical point of view, I find the configurations to be simpler and easier to understand, and I like the fact that most everything runs the same OS, with the same interface. From a financial point of view, Juniper tends to be less expensive for more performance, and their support contracts are much cheaper.

All that said, and as other's have said, Cisco is always a safe choice, particularly since many people are familiar with them.

-Randy

--
----