IPv6 - real vs theoretical problems

Deepak Jain deepak at ai.net
Fri Jan 7 19:53:49 UTC 2011

Thanks Grant,  I've already read this.  :)

I have no problem with enabling /64s for everyone/everything in the future, as the equipment capability increases, but right now there are real concerns about en masse deployment and the vulnerabilities we open our hardware to.

Which is why I was talking about reserving the larger block, but only allowing folks to have as much space as they can manage successfully and with a similar risk profile as they have today. Obviously it doesn't take too many people leaving their networks wide to cause a problem for the rest of us.

Best,

Deepak