reporting physical plant damage to AT&T?

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Jan 6 03:53:10 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Jo Rhett" <jrhett at netconsonance.com>

> On Nov 25, 2010, at 2:11 PM, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> > Have you tried 611 (from an AT&T land-line phone)?
>
> Many people don't have one. I haven't had one for over 12 years now,
> nor have any of my employers for the last 8 years.

For what its worth, I *have* tried reporting outside plant damage in GTE
FL to Verizon; it's impossible to find anyone who has any clue WTF you're
talking about.

I call my ex-boss's son, who works there, and ask him to pass it along
to his dispatcher as something *he's* seen.

Cheers,
-- jr 'I realize this doesn't scale' a