online backup software vendor

Neil Robst Neil.Robst at ioko.com
Wed Jan 5 12:40:32 UTC 2011

Asigra?

http://www.asigra.com/

Regards,
Neil

-----Original Message-----
From: Marco Matarazzo [mailto:marmata at gmail.com]
Sent: 05 January 2011 12:37
To: Randy Carpenter
Cc: nanog at nanog.org
Subject: Re: online backup software vendor

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 1:20 PM, Randy Carpenter <rcarpen at network1.net>wrote:

> The original poster is looking for software that can be hosted locally,
> which Crashplan is not as far as I can tell. I am also looking for something
> that can be hosted locally. The only one we have been able to find is Vembu
> StoreGrid. Our experience with Vembu has ranged from abysmal to horrific. I
> would highly recommend *not* looking at them.
>
> I had not heard of the Commvault solution. We'll have to look into that.

I'm using i365 eVault (www.i365.com) which is an locally hosted solution,
with the usual bell and whistles (deduplication, asynchronous mirroring of
the storage pool, agents for Exchange/SQL/Oracle/Linux/VMware etc.) and
priced right. Did not use Commvault or StoreGrid so can't really compare,
but never had any problem with i365!

Cheers,
]\/[arco
--