FAA - ASDI servers

Robert E. Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Wed Jan 5 11:36:25 UTC 2011

TR Shaw <tshaw at oitc.com> writes:

> There is a federal directive that has been in place for a number of
> years that requires IPV6 support for all new IT contracts/systems
> and also a directive to all federal agencies to support IPV6 by 2008
> (See http://ipv6.com/articles/general/US_Government_IPv6.htm )

And conveniently it's even getting more traction than GOSIP did.

I think there have been some federal directives to balance the budget
too.  Point being that a PDF of such a directive is worth the paper it
is written on if people are inclined to just figure out a way around it.

(for those who are lucky or young enough to not remember:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GOSIP )

-r