NIST IPv6 document

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Wed Jan 5 04:35:48 UTC 2011

NIST has released SP800-119, "Guidelines for the Secure Deployment of
IPv6". While I don't agree with everything in it, it is an excellent
overview of IPv6, differences from IPv4, and security advice. While the
title sounds like a security document, the security implications are
only a part of it.

I've not finished reading it, but my first reaction is that this is a
good source of information. Well written, fairly detailed (at 188 pages)
with lots of references.

The PDF is available at:
http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/nistpubs/800-119/sp800-119.pdf
--