Experiences with Comcast Ethernet

Dylan Ebner dylan.ebner at crlmed.com
Tue Jan 4 21:05:26 UTC 2011

My company has about 2 dozen Comcast business cable accounts at satellite offices around the Midwest. We are looking at adding an additional ISP to the mix and we are thinking of purchasing an Ethernet circuit from Comcast in an attempt to increase performance on those connections by keeping all the traffic within Comcast's network.  Comcast, of course, has assured us this will result in "noticeable" speed increases for those accounts. I am more weary. Does anyone have any experience with Comcast's ethernet offerings? How reliable are they? Do Comcast cable connections see a significant performance improvement?

Dylan Ebner, Network Engineer
Consulting Radiologists, Ltd.
1221 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN 55403
ph. 612.573.2236     fax. 612.573.2250
dylan.ebner at crlmed.com<mailto:dylan.ebner at crlmed.com>
www.consultingradiologists.com<http://www.consultingradiologists.com>