RES: RES: Software For Telcos

Takashi Tome takashi at cpqd.com.br
Tue Jan 4 14:04:51 UTC 2011

HAHA! Good joke!

That was true some 30 years ago...

Actually, I think the problem is quite different. Big telco's network is a very complex thing - well, you all can say, Internet is too...
But if we see some "similar" business like aircraft-defense and professional video market, we see some similarities: there are a lot of tricks and "non-documented standards" that make those software a kind of mistery for foreigners. Put in other words, software knowledge is not enough, you must have a deep understanding of that business and the history of the system itself...

Takashi