The tale of a single MAC

Graham Wooden graham at g-rock.net
Sun Jan 2 13:22:33 UTC 2011

Hey Seth, thanks for the reply.

I don't use the iLO port, so I didn't look at it's MAC within the BIOS,
however my issue isn't that the MACs are the same within a physical machine.

They're different, just like all the other HP gear ... It's that I have two
machines that the MACs are identical.  Like Server-A's NIC1 matches
Server-B's NIC1 ... And the same goes for NIC2.  Heck, maybe even their iLO
matches too.  I just re-read my post and I can see where maybe I didn't
explain it properly. Yesterday was a long day ...

I guess it's not that big of deal now, I resolved it rather quickly by
putting Server-B on another VLAN.