What vexes VoIP users?

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Feb 28 18:37:43 UTC 2011

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 13:29:08 EST, Bret Clark said:
> On 02/28/2011 01:17 PM, Leigh Porter wrote:
> > VoIP at the last mile is just too niche at the moment. It's for people on this list, not my mother.

> Baloney...if that was the case, then all these ILEC's wouldn't be
> whining about POT's lines decreasing exponentially year over year!

I do believe that the ILEC's are mostly losing POTS lines to cell phones, not
to VoIP. I myself have a cell phone but no POTS service at my home address.  On
the other hand, I *am* seeing a metric ton of Vonage and Magic Jack ads on TV
these days - if VoIP is "too niche", how are those two making any money?