Mac OS X 10.7, still no DHCPv6

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Mon Feb 28 04:17:56 UTC 2011

On Sun, 27 Feb 2011, Steven Bellovin wrote:

> I'm not saying there are no uses for DHCPv6, though I suspect that some
> of the reasons proposed are more people wanting to do things the way
> they always do, rather than making small changes and ending up with
> equivalent effort.  I am saying that security is not a strong argument.

Well, rest assurend that you have plenty of people disagreeing with you.

The again your views are shared by a lot of people for IPv4 as well, thus
meaning it took until now before the IETF even hade a SAVI like working
group to handle the security issues that has been around since forever but
that was solved for IPv4 outside of IETF around 10 years ago but stil has
no widespread implementation for IPv6 (but it's getting there).

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se