Sunday Funnies: Using a smart phone as a diagnostic tool

Atticus grobe0ba at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 02:20:45 UTC 2011

I use Android phones, mostly for remote administration. SSH using
ConnectBot. If you want a really durable phone, with the option of a little
bit of additional functionality, I would take a Motorola Droid 1, throw
CyanogenMod on it with a p3droid kernel. The phone itself can survive 3ft
falls @ 30 mph (proven myself on accident), the keyboard is very useable,
and overall is an amazing phone. You can also use a fair number of command
line tools, and add your own statically compiled tools, or dynamically
compiled with a bit more work.