6453 routing leaks (January and Today)

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Fri Feb 25 18:24:13 UTC 2011

Yes, very scary actually....

Human error is unavoidable - it's going to happen at times - BUT....

In our communities design, there has been times where we have missed a tag
on an inbound customer for example.  It scares the crap out of me to think
that something like that simple mistake could cause route leakage.
Thankfully, anytime it has happened it would caught pretty quickly and fixed
- in the meantime the routes simply didn't leave our network (the way it
should be).

Obviously the scales are different between someone like ourselves and that
of TATA - but the principles and common sense remain.

Paul