Christchurch New Zealand

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Feb 25 05:08:32 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Owen DeLong" <owen at delong.com>

> FWIW, in my experience, when ARES and RACES both arrive on a scene
> together, they rarely get into small arms fire over any thing, rather,
> preferring to work together to help each other set up both repeaters and to
> coordinate which parts of the workload will be handled by which operation in
> order to maximize the efficiency with which the job gets done.

Ok; I started this, so I guess I should finish it.

I'm sure when the rubber(-duckies) hit the road, everyone gets along fine.

I was talking more about political stuff internal to the orgs in some
places, WRT interfacing with the officials *before* there are active
emergencies.

I gather that's a bit dicey and old-boy-ish in at least some locales.

Cheers,
-- jra