Howto for BGP black holing/null routing

Jack Carrozzo jack at crepinc.com
Tue Feb 22 21:55:44 UTC 2011

Maybe I read your question wrong, but null-routing things at your border is
often not very useful if the traffic is flooding your transit links. Most
transits publish their community lists - you just need to tag the prefix you
want to blackhole with the right community.

See example from HE: http://www.he.net/adm/blackhole.html

<http://www.he.net/adm/blackhole.html>-Jack Carrozzo