Howto for BGP black holing/null routing

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Tue Feb 22 21:54:04 UTC 2011

On 2011-02-22 22:42, David Hubbard wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone has a howto floating around on the
> step by step setup of having an internal bgp peer for sending
> quick updates to border routers to null route sources of
> undesirable traffic?  I've seen it discussed on nanog from
> time to time, typically suggesting using Zebra, but could
> not search up a link on a step by step.

Take a look here for starters:
http://www.cisco.com/web/about/security/intelligence/blackhole.pdf

Searching through NANOG archives will return a couple of sessions
that went through the other vendor configs for such functionality.

--
"There's no sense in being precise when |               Łukasz Bromirski
  you don't know what you're talking     |      jid:lbromirski at jabber.org
  about."               John von Neumann |    http://lukasz.bromirski.net