[OT] Internet connectivity options in Afghanistan?

Jeffrey Lyon jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net
Tue Feb 22 21:34:18 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 3:26 PM, Janet Sullivan <netgeek at bgp4.net> wrote:
> I'm looking for cheap/slow internet connectivity options in Kabul,
> Jalalabad, and Herat.  The connections will be used by AFCECO orphanages, so
> speed isn't as much of an issue as cost.  I'm guessing that satellite might
> be the only game in town, but if any of you fine folks know of connectivity
> options, I'd appreciate an email.

You can get expensive and slow, not so sure about cheap and slow.
Bentley Walker and ts2.pl is what basically everyone is using out
there, and it's all 100% garbage. Our company had a contract to
provide 6 Mbps of connectivity to a NATO base, so I can share notes
with anyone who is interested.

--
Jeffrey Lyon, Leadership Team
jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net | http://www.blacklotus.net