Libya

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sun Feb 20 03:48:08 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Steven Bellovin" <smb at cs.columbia.edu>

> >> And people wonder why I have such deep concerns about RPKI.
> >
> > there are a thousand means. the problem lies with the intent.
> >
> Yes. Remember what happened to Youtube because of (a) a government's
> intent, and (b) the lack of RPKI.

This is true.

But since no one ever seems to be RFC 3514[1] compliant, it's necessary
to attempt to intuit intent from behavior.

This works equally poorly in nearly all arenas.

Cheers,
-- jr 'capability creep is a bitch' a

[1] pleased to discover that my memory served up the correct number on
the first try.