Graph Utils (Open-Source)

Peter A. Friend pafriend at octavian.org
Fri Feb 18 20:34:34 UTC 2011

I've used gnuplot for several projects and found it very flexible.
Gnuplot is also handy because it's easy to feed it commands over a
pipe. I also recommend the "Gnuplot In Action" book - it saved me a
ton of time.  I have also used matplotlib within Python.

For more interactive graphs I've played with the Processing
environment a bit, but not enough to provide a useful comparison with
the other tools.

Peter