[arin-ppml] NAT444 rumors (was Re: Looking for an IPv6naysayer...)

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Fri Feb 18 18:42:22 UTC 2011

> You never been told something like "We don't do (or stock) that
because
> there's no demand for it! You know, you're the Nth person to ask about
> it
> today." I have, and many more times than merely once.
>
> --
> Mike Andrews, W5EGO
> mikea at mikea.ath.cx
> Tired old sysadmin

Right, so what it takes is someone out there to create the demand.  It
would actually be a great public service if someone were to do that.
Some social networking, gaming, or some other sort of site that only the
"cool kids" can access via v6, maybe.

Nothing drives people nuts more than knowing there is something out
there that they can't access.  Create something like that AND generate
some buzz surrounding it, particularly if someone hears people talking
about it and they can't access it themselves to see what the buzz is all
about, and you have just built the required demand for v6 migration.  It
is going to take v6-only content to do that, I think. Frankly, a v6 only
service is easier to build and deploy.  Dual stacking causes problems
with many applications, if it is native v6 and v6 only, it removes a lot
of the "issues" with v6 migration.