IPv6 mistakes, was: Re: Looking for an IPv6 naysayer...

Robert E. Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Thu Feb 17 17:46:02 UTC 2011

Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> writes:

> The DoD does not seem particularly anxious to announce or explain
> their usage of those blocks to the rest of the community.
>
> They have much larger quantities of significantly more sophisticated
> armaments than ARIN.
>
> I agree it would be nice if they would voluntarily return whatever
> is appropriate to the community, but,

You mean like they already did with 49/8, 50/8 (both formerly Joint
Technical Command), 10/8 (formerly ARPAnet), and 7/8 (DNIC)?

As the biggest returner of IPv4 space by a fair margin,
notwithstanding their current holdings I think the DoD is quite
justified in saying "I gave at the office" and hanging up.

-r