Solar flare to reach earth

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Thu Feb 17 16:48:16 UTC 2011

> Solar Activity Forecast: Solar activity is expected to be moderate
with
> a chance for an isolated major flare for the next three days (17-19
> February).
> Region 1158 is expected to produce more M-class flares and still has
> the potential for producing an M5 or greater x-ray event. There is a
> chance for isolated M-class activity from Region 1161.

1158 is rotating away from facing directly to us so any flares at this
point will not be aimed directly at Earth as the earlier M and X class
flares were.  Actually, I would be more worried if I earned my living in
orbit or at high altitude.  1161 is rotating into an Earth-facing
position but doesn't seem as active as 1158 was though that can change
tomorrow.

http://spaceweather.com/