IPv6 mistakes, was: Re: Looking for an IPv6 naysayer...

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Feb 17 14:32:57 UTC 2011

On Thu, 17 Feb 2011 08:08:50 EST, John Curran said:

> Rather than saying 240/4 is unusable for another three years, perhaps the
> service provider community could make plain that this space needs to be
> made usable

In other words, you're going to tell Granny she needs to upgrade to Windows 8
and/or replace her CPE because you couldn't get your act together and deploy
IPv6 - even though her friends at the bridge club who are customers of
your clued competitor didn't have to do a thing.

And then she has to do something *else* 9 months later when you need to
deploy IPv6 *anyhow*.

I encourage my competitors to design their business plans that way. :)