IPv6 is on the marketers radar

Jeff Hartley intensifysecurity at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 22:13:29 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 4:00 PM, Mark Andrews <marka at isc.org> wrote:

>> It will certainly be entertaining to see what behaviors the various
>> CPEs default to on the public-facing side.  In the NetGear WNDR3700's
>> case after upgrading its firmware, options were included for:
>>   Disabled (default)
>>   Auto-detect
>>   6to4 Tunnel
>>   Pass Through
>>   Fixed
>>   DHCP
>>   PPPoE
>
> Where is SLAAC?
>
> Mark Andrews, ISC

Based on their tiny bit of surrounding text, apparently that's "Pass
Through", although that naming choice seems odd to me.  I'd call it
"native", but we're back to marketing at that point...

I agree with Daniel (above) on the noticeable lack of DS-Lite and/or 6rd.
  Chicken-and-egg situation regarding the most profitable to implement?
  Lack of development resources?
  Coming RSN?
...I was surprised to see anything at all, hence the share.

-Jeff