Looking for an IPv6 naysayer...

Scott Helms khelms at ispalliance.net
Fri Feb 11 14:38:02 UTC 2011

> ISPs know it takes years to move a customer base.  They should have
> been ready years ago.  They still arn't ready.  I was asking for
> what features to look for in a new CPE so that it won't need to be
> replaced when they turn on IPv6 and got this as a answer.  It really
> isn't helpful.
Mark,

     I certainly wasn't trying to be flip or short and for that I
apologize.  To answer the specific question on a CPE that depends both
on what kind of access network you're connecting to as well as if its a
service provider installed/supported device or one that a technical end
user can support him/herself as those are very different use cases.

The point I am trying to communicate is that CPE issue not simple,
straightforward, or cheap because in almost all of the non-DOCSIS cases
we're looking at forklift upgrades.

--
Scott Helms
Vice President of Technology