"Leasing" of space via non-connectivity providers

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Fri Feb 11 02:10:04 UTC 2011

On 2/10/2011 6:07 PM, John Curran wrote:
> As I did not explain in advance to each to the parties that their responses
> would be public, it would not be proper to publicly post the information.
> Discussions with individual resource holders is treated as confidential
> information.

Since you have gone through the process before. It would be nice
(especially concerning the DoD networks) if you could ask if they plan
to keep them (not monetize) and if you could make such a statement publicly.

I mention this, as DoD is most common bogons utilized by people who need
to steal IP addressing. Locking in a statement that there is no
intention to ever sell, transfer, or return those blocks would ease
possible concerns on using them.

As a side effect, it also kills any need of any proposals in various
institutions to reserve virgin space for utilization of LSN and such.

Jack