Looking for an IPv6 naysayer...

Jeroen van Aart jeroen at mompl.net
Thu Feb 10 23:37:10 UTC 2011

Jens Link wrote:
> I never thought it was that bad. In some 3G/wireless networks in Germany
> the providers use NAT and transparent HTTP-proxy. But this is only
> wireless. I'm not aware of any DSL or Cable provider NATing their
> customers.

I guess in the early days of DSL and Cable internet this was more common
(until clue sinked in). I know xs4all in the Netherlands used some NAT
flavour or another. Although come to think of it, it was probably the
telco (KPN) who did that and the ISP just had to abide. They quickly got
rid of that whole idea.

It's a strange idea that the telco provides NAT'ing on DSL but I am
pretty sure it was that way for a while.

KPN since bought xs4all, but that's another story.

--
http://goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/
http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/plural-of-virus.html