Looking for an IPv6 naysayer...

Jens Link lists at quux.de
Thu Feb 10 08:59:49 UTC 2011

"George Bonser" <gbonser at seven.com> writes:

> In other words, the broadband provider provides a single global IP to
> the "always up" CPE.  That CPE does DHCP to user stations and hands out
> 1918 addresses and NATs them to the single global IP.

Ah there is the misunderstanding. Same her in good old Europe. If you
pay for it you'll get more than one public IP. I though you were talking
about the CPE getting an RFC1918 address and than hand out RFC1918
addresses to the inside as well and (maybe) another instance of NAT
along the way.

Well yes, there are providers which are already doing this.

Jens