Looking for an IPv6 naysayer...

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 20:17:42 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 12:05 PM, Iljitsch van Beijnum
<iljitsch at muada.com> wrote:
> [...] Once we're at 128-bit addresses then we can migrate to IPvA (7 - 9 are already taken) without much trouble. But then, 32-bit ASes interoperate with 16-bit ones with no trouble and still after a decade the support for that is not nearly good enough, either.

I know about IPv8 (sigh), and the Chinese abortive IPv9 claim, but
when did 7 happen?

There's a Google hit on Tim Wilson posting about IPv4 replacements in
an informational RFC from 1993 using IPv7, but that's all I found.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com