Looking for an IPv6 naysayer...

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Wed Feb 9 19:01:22 UTC 2011

 i'm an IPv6 pragmatist.  I've used IPv6 from its very beginings.
i am not a zelot, like so many are.  IPv6 has its uses - but most of the
actual value in IPv6 has been stripped.  for most practical, current use,
IPv4 will meet your needs now and for the forseeable future. NAT is your
lifeline here.

IF (a big one) there are actual changes in regulatory models, transmission
models, and reduced dependence on centralized control, IPv6 has a chance to
shine and truely become the "next generation".  Until then - same old, same old...
96 more bits - no majik.

--bill