US Warships jamming Lebanon Internet

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Tue Feb 8 12:41:29 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 08, 2011, Denys Fedoryshchenko wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 February 2011 14:18:59 Adrian Chadd wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 08, 2011, Denys Fedoryshchenko wrote:
> > >  I try to install C-Band bandpass filter, no effect at all, so it is
> > >  in-band
> > >
> > > interference. Putting foil (yes i try almost everything) near LNB doesn't
> > > affect interference level too.
> >
> > Can you get access to some kind of spectrum analyser kit to see what the
> > kind of interference is?
> >

> > Adrian
> Yes, on short (few minutes) sweeps it is clean. During long time run, with 100
> Khz resolution, if we run few hours we can catch anomalies on the carrier.
> Important note: this snapshot done on spectrum analyser in Europe, same
> transponder, and results similar, so it looks like interference is on
> transponder. Issue start to affect us at same time when people in Lebanon got
> local interference issues.
>
> Here is snapshot of carrier spectrum with anomaly:
> http//www.nuclearcat.com/PICTURES/interference.jpg

And does this interference similarly screw up being able to RX data from
the transponder whilst in Europe?

(eg, if you stick a modem on RX-only in Europe (ie, no uplink) and then
just lock onto the signal and decode whatever happens, do you suffer
the same problem?)

Adrian

- $24/pm+GST entry-level VPSes w/ capped bandwidth charges available in WA -