What's really needed is a routing slot market (was: Using IPv6 withprefixes shorter than a /64 on a LAN)

[email protected] packetgrrl at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 21:25:56 UTC 2011

If you look at Gert Doering's slides that I presented at NANOG (in the IPv6
Deployment Experiences track)  I believe it is 1.4 prefixes per ASN in IPv6
and something like 10.5 prefixes per ASN in IPv4.   There are also
descriptions of the reasons for some of these multiple advertisements in
IPv6 as well as how many ASNs have just one and how many have 2 etc.   The
slides are here

http://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog51/presentations/Monday/NANOG51.Talk13.Aronson-doring-v6-table.pdf

Enjoy!
-----Cathy