US Warships jamming Lebanon Internet

Denys Fedoryshchenko denys at visp.net.lb
Mon Feb 7 11:39:27 UTC 2011

Hi

I'm sysadmin of Lebanese ISP.
Almost at same time i got heavy interference on few of my C-Band carriers, and
it looks like electronic warfare jamming, because i can see phase modulated,
very weak signal, but it is completely breaking almost any communications on
my carriers.

Strange thing, that our uplink station confirm that interference is not local
on my side, but on satellite carrier. If this will be confirmed, that means it
is not just miscommunication between authorities about frequency usage, it
will be intentional damage for Lebanese communications.

Sure it can be coincidence in time or something else, but last 6 years i
experience similar terrible interference only during 2006 Lebanon vs Israel
war.