quietly....

Henry Yen henry at AegisInfoSys.com
Sun Feb 6 19:11:47 UTC 2011

On Sun, Feb 06, 2011 at 10:43:18AM -0800, Owen DeLong wrote:
> I believe that Sony will offer IPv6 software upgrades for the PS-3 because
> they will eventually realize that failing to do so is bad for future sales.

Sony appears quite willing to file eye-openingly broad discovery requests
in its OtherOS/geohotz lawsuit(s).  Related, but separate, Sony appears
to be unconcerned with the removal of OtherOS in the first place, a
documented feature and selling point that's made some people unhappy
(e.g. USAF).  And Sony appears completely unconcerned about the Sony RootKit
fiasco ("Most people, I think, don't even know what a Rootkit is, so why
should they care about it?").

Technical impediments (lack of ipV6) in their product(s) do not necessarily
correlate with what they think of future sales prospects.

--
Henry Yen                                       Aegis Information Systems, Inc.
Senior Systems Programmer                       Hicksville, New York