quietly....

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sun Feb 6 18:34:44 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Owen DeLong" <owen at delong.com>

> I'm pretty sure the PS3 will get resolved through a software update.
>
> Yes, there will be user-visible disruptions in this transition.
>
> No, it can't be 100% magic on the part of the service provider.
>
> It still has to happen. There is no viable alternative.

There will be *lots* of user visible disruptions.  And if you believe,
as it appears you do from the integration of your messages on this thread,
that anyone anywhere will be able through any legal theory to *force* Sony
to make that older PS3 work on IPv6, then the term for your opinion, in *my*
opinion, has changed from "optimistic" to "nutsabago".  :-)

>From up here at 30,000ft, the entire deployment of IPv6 has been cripplingly
mismanaged, or we wouldn't be having all these conversations, still, now.
Having had them 5 years ago would have been well more than good enough.
And it will start to bite, hard, very shortly.

Cheers,
-- jra