"Leasing" of space via non-connectivity providers

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Sat Feb 5 21:12:53 UTC 2011

On Feb 5, 2011, at 2:33 PM, bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com wrote:

>    decides current policy.  when current policy directly contridicts the policies
>    under which old address space was allocated, which policy trumps?

Bill -

     RFC 2050 is the document which  provides the registry system framework.  Jon Postel is an author of same, as well as a founder of ARIN.

    We've adhered to these principles from RFC 2050 in address management without exception, and even in policy development today.

    When you speak of the policies of
old allocations, please be specific.  If they predated Jon, that would indeed be quite interesting.

/John

John Curran
President and CEO
ARIN