My upstream ISP does not support IPv6

Seth Mattinen sethm at rollernet.us
Fri Feb 4 18:23:59 UTC 2011

On 2/4/2011 07:05, Scott Helms wrote:

> TLDR version, marketing often fails to reflect reality :)

My experience with trying to get a circuit turned up with Verizon boiled
down to two things:

1) Failure to meet the standards of my existing IPv6 connections in
carrying PI /48 (apparently now changed).
2) Failure to home the circuit on a router that supported IPv6. Month
after month they would keep placing it to an IPv4-only router and I
would refuse to accept it until it was moved to an IPv6 capable router.
It never happened.

They said they could do it, but couldn't figure out how.

~Seth