My upstream ISP does not support IPv6

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Fri Feb 4 08:13:10 CST 2011

On 2/3/2011 9:54 PM, Randy Carpenter wrote:
> The major national provider is supposed to be swapping out equipment
> any day now in order to support IPv6. The regional is claiming that
> their upstreams do not have IPv6 support yet. Their upstream
> providers certainly do have IPv6, but I do not know if they are not
> offering it to their downstream ISP customers.
>
> I don't know, but as a company that manages the internet operations
> for numerous ISPs, and needs to have full monitoring capability for
> said customers, it is frustrating not to have native IPv6.

I waited years and finally turned up a transit to L3 for additional
bandwidth (had to wait for GE support from the other 2, of which 1 still
can't give me a GE) and luckily native v6. Within 30 days I should have
a cogent 10G, and I hear I'll get v6 there as well.

I'm still waiting for v6 on the original 2, but I can live with what I have.

Jack