My upstream ISP does not support IPv6

Vesna Manojlovic BECHA at ripe.net
Fri Feb 4 11:02:10 UTC 2011

Hi Franck,

On 2/4/11 4:04 AM, Franck Martin wrote:
> The biggest complaint that I hear from ISPs, is that their upstream
> ISP does not support IPv6 or will not provide them with a native IPv6
> circuit.
>
> Is that bull?
>
> I thought the whole backbone is IPv6 now, and it is only the
> residential ISPs that are still figuring it out because CPE are still
> not there yet.
>
> Where can I get more information?
> Any list of peering ISPs that have IPv6 as part of their products?

There is a list of LIRs (ISPs) in RIPE NCC service region that have some
aspects of IPv6 sorted out:
- got address space
- registered route6 in Routing Registry
- got reverse DNS delegation
- and are visible in ris.ripe.net

If they have all "4 stars", they are listed here (per country)
http://ipv6ripeness.ripe.net

That still does not mean that they are offering IPv6 to their customers,
but it is a good indication.

I hope this helps,
Vesna

(IPv6 Ripeness goddess ;-)