Weekend Gedankenexperiment - The Kill Switch

Hank Nussbacher hank at efes.iucc.ac.il
Fri Feb 4 07:40:29 UTC 2011

On Thu, 3 Feb 2011, Ryan Wilkins wrote:

> [...]

1.  I always keep a printed copy of all email and cellphone contacts that
    I normally would have access to online.

2.  Critical is contacting your users.  Normally your company has its
    mailing list but that is now down.  You could set up a new list via
    Google groups or Yahoogroups or even your own Mailman on a VPS, but
    what about the list of users?  Always keep an updated exported list of
    your users on a DoK so you can rebuild later.

3.  Website: as above, keep a duplicate copy of your basic HTML pages on
    some DoK that you can take with you.  Have the user+pswd to your
    registrar so you can repoint your DNS to some new site you now setup up
    with the new updated info about your downtime.

-Hank