quietly....

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Thu Feb 3 20:59:18 UTC 2011

On Feb 3, 2011, at 5:35 AM, Jack Bates wrote:
> You missed my pointed. Root servers are hard coded, but they aren't using a well known anycast address.

Actually, most of the IP addresses used for root servers are anycast addresses and given they're in every resolver on the Internet, they're pretty well known...

Of course, one might ask why those well known anycast addresses are "owned" by 12 different organizations instead of being "golden" addresses specified in an RFC or somesuch, but that gets into root server operator politics...

Regards,
-drc